Manigault Park; a park dedicated to Charlotte Morris Manigault

Item

Legacies Classification
Memorial Place
Memorial Type
Space on Campus
Memorial Context
Memorialized Subject
Title
Manigault Park; a park dedicated to Charlotte Morris Manigault
Background and Context
An extensive park space centrally located on the campus of the University of the South in front of St. Luke's Hall, original home of the university's School of Theology, and named to honor Charlotte Morris Manigault (1821-1902), who gave $25,000 in 1876 to construct the building (1878).
Physical Description
Approximately 3.4 acres of park land on University Avenue, featuring large native trees and a Frisbee golf course.
Creator/Participating Person(s)
Date created, installed or dedicated
1876
Location: Institution, City, State
Site pages

Position: 81 (22 views)