Fulford Hall; an office building at the University of the South

Item

Title
Fulford Hall; an office building at the University of the South
Date Created
1890
Description
Fulford Hall was built in 1890 to be the home of the former Vice-Chancellor and Episcopal Bishop of Tennessee, the Rt. Rev. Charles Todd Quintard. It serves today as the home for several administrative divisions of the University of the South, including the college admissions program. Quintard named it for the Anglican Bishop of Montreal, Francis Fulford (1803 –1868), who participated in his consecration as bishop in 1865. The 1890 residence replaced a smaller log structure where Quintard lived until it was destroyed by fire in 1889. Fulford Hall served as the official residence of the University's vice-chancellors until 1989.
Campus Location
Central Campus
Learn More About this Subject
Type
Academic Facility

Position: 130 (20 views)